A Red Head, “Your backwards views are older than the dinosaurs”
The red haired woman (please pray for her salvation) with the pro-gay marriage post with the poster is a typical another naive and gullible liberal no doubt to me. Such people are alienated from truth, and logic, and follow their feelings over reason, like the animals they believe themselves to be. There is evidence for evolution, none. Second, Earth is only 6,500 years old, and the evidence for that is endless, that includes archeological evidence, with atheists usually ignore, because it is so obvious and not something that can be argued away logically. This is also why the statement on the poster makes no sense and is worth less than the cardboard scrap it was written on:
1) Fallacy: older that something else or that is older doesn’t mean useless or wrong.
2) Contradiction: Marriage is very old, why then are gays trying to get married if “backwards” and “older than the dinosaurs” makes something obsolete? Dinosaurs still exist. Dinosaurs wouldn’t be obsolete or useless merely because they no longer exist. It’s very stupid and immature to say that because something is very old or no longer exists (like animals that go extinct) that they are no longer useful. A second contradiction is that using this woman’s argument, gay marriage will eventually be “as old as the dinosaurs”.
3) Fallacy: EVERY ANIMAL is as old as dinosaurs, since all animals have been in existence since the beginning. How in the world do people not notice so called “living fossils”? Trees are just as old as dinosaurs.
4) Fallacy: The argument begs the question, it makes no point in other words: What does it matter if it’s older than the dinosaurs? So is Earth, and the point is? The argument makes just as much sense as saying, “Your argument is a new thing.” But if it was, “Your argument is new, it is not tried and true like traditional marriage, which is has withstood thousands of years as being a good thing.” That would be making a point, but again, not, “Trees are older than the dinosaurs,” or “Being honest and not murdering or stealing are older than the dinosaurs,” and so on.
5) Fallacy: the argument is a double non sequitur: what do dinosaurs and THEIR AGE have to do with gay marriage? Two nonsensical arguments in one.
The people who support gay marriage clearly are very stupid, immoral, ignorant, hypocritical and illogical and therefore are blind to their own faults and is why they can’t be trusted to give you facts and are a waste of time arguing with. I even met one that boasted of her being a living contradiction. Save yourself the pain and time of arguing with such people when they want to argue, and just print this page out and give it to them.